Because the installation comes into contact with unpacked food, hygiene plays an important role. Wet food products can be a breeding ground for bacteria. Therefore, the drying installation must be cleaned daily. This presented an additional challenge. All the nooks and crannies of the machine had to be easily accessible for cleaning.
The installation we developed for this purpose is equipped with three units: the dryer unit, the blower unit and the electrical unit.
- The dryer unit is divided into a top and bottom module. Both are equipped with plastic plates with grooves for blowing off water. The sides are blown off with the help of nozzles. The top module is manually adjustable in height by means of a chain system. This function is further supported by a safety mechanism in the upper position that guarantees safe cleaning.
- The blower unit consists of a maintenance-free blower with a power of 22kW. The blower has on the outside two replaceable standard filters and one large F8 filter. Both the dryer and blower modules are equipped with a complete enclosure with acoustic sound panels in order to meet the noise requirement of 80dB(A).
- The electrical unit consists of one frequency control for the blower and one for the conveyor. The control is carried out by a start/stop on the cabinet.
To increase safety, each door of the dryer box is equipped with a door contact to generate an automatic stop when one of these doors is opened without authorisation.
This installation is custom designed and has some special features:
- Conveyor with inclination
- Extra filter for the fine particles
- Hygienic design for easy and safe cleaning
- Manual height control with safety via a chain system
- Automatic stop for unauthorised opening of doors