The vacuum-packed sausages arrived through two production lines, so the system had to have two separate tracks. The installation we developed for this purpose is equipped with three units: the dryer unit, the blower unit and the electrical unit.
- The dryer unit consists of two conveyor tracks that are driven by an upper and lower conveyor. The upper conveyor is manually adjustable in height by means of a chain system. Each conveyor track has ten strings that are easy to replace by means of a porte-à-faux system.
- The blower unit with maintenance-free blower has two replaceable filters. Motorised valves control the supply of air from the blower to both conveyor tracks. Both the dryer and blower modules are equipped with a complete enclosure with acoustic sound panels to avoid noise nuisance during operation.
- The electric unit consists of a main cabinet and a control box. The electric main cabinet has one frequency control for the blower and two for the conveyor. The control and inspection of the dryer is carried out by a SIEMENS safety PLC. The process visualisation is displayed on the control box by means of an operator panel with touch screen. With the help of this panel, the dryer can be switched into manual mode for maintenance work. To increase safety, each door of the dryer box is equipped with a door contact to generate an automatic stop when one of these doors is opened without authorisation.
This installation was custom designed and has some special features:
- Two conveyor tracks are driven by a single drive shaft.
- Motorised valves automatically control the air supply.
- SIEMENS safety PLC controls and checks the dryer.
- Door contacts generate an automatic stop when doors are opened without authorisation.
- Control box with touch panel for maintenance work.